The Legacy Ministry offers Donor Advised Funds through the Georgia United Methodist Foundation as a convenient option for giving to your favorite ministry. By establishing such a fund at the Georgia Methodist Foundation, you can minimize your taxes by making charitable gifts to your fund, but decide later which charities will benefit.
The Benefits of a Donor Advised Fund include:
- You can make a gift to your Fund at the time most convenient for you and receive an immediate charitable deduction.
- You can decide later which charity(ies) you recommend to receive distribution, how much and when.
- Earnings are credited and compounded tax-free so that more money may be available for your favorite charities.
- You can pass on important values of service and caring for others by involving children or other family members in charitable gift recommendations.
- You and others may add to your Fund any time. All gifts will be acknowledged by the Legacy Ministry, and you will be advised of contributions received.
- You will receive an annual statement of all contributions, distributions and Fund earnings.
You can establish a Legacy Ministry Donor Advised Fund with as little as $20,000 and you may make additional contributions of any size at any time. Each gift represents an unconditional, irrevocable charitable contribution and is not refundable.
The annual distributions from Foundation Donor Advised Funds primarily benefit charitable organizations that are related to Crossroads UMC. Charities that are unrelated to the United Methodist Church, but that are compatible with the Church’s mission can be considered for a portion of annual fund distributions.
Establishing your Foundation Donor Advised Fund can be as easy as filling out a form and writing a check. For more information, contact …